SCREENING TEST FOR DRUGS OF ABUSE NOW AVAILABLE!
WHAT IS TESTING FOR DRUGS OF ABUSE?
It is an analysis of a biological specimen – for example urine – to determine the presence or absence of specified parent drugs or their metabolites.
WHICH DRUGS ARE TESTED?
WHY DO YOU NEED TO TEST FOR DRUGS OF ABUSE?
- To screen for drug use,
- To monitor someone with a substance abuse problem, or
- To detect and evaluate a drug overdose
WHEN TO TEST FOR DRUGS OF ABUSE?
- When the person starts a new job
- Random testing at the workplace
- Athletic drug testing programs,
- When ordered by a doctor to monitor a known or suspected substance abuse patient,
- Whenever a person has symptoms that suggest a drug overdose
HOW IS THE TEST DONE?
The test is a chromatographic qualitative immunoassay for the detection of Amphetamine, Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines, Cocaine, Opiates and Marijuana (50ng/mL). All positive results need to be confirmed by gas chromatography / mass spectrophotometry.