- Are you eating the right foods?
- Are you deficient in certain nutrients?
- Are you getting what you need for optimal brain & physical development?
WHY IS THIS TEST IMPORTANT?
- Vitamins are essential for growth, energy and overall wellness.
- Vitamins are responsible for building blood cells, creating energy, regulating the wake-sleep cycle, reducing blood sugars, and protecting organs amongst many other bodily functions.
What tests are included in the Vitamin Profile?
CBC, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Calcium, TSH
WHO SHOULD GET THE TEST DONE?
- People at risk for vitamin deficiency such as the elderly
- Patients with signs of malnutrition
- Those who take a daily medication such as insulin, antacids, oral contraceptives, diuretics and laxatives, tetracycline antibiotics and some chemotherapy drugs as these may deplete vitamin levels.
- Vegetarians are often deficient in Vitamin B12
WHEN SHOULD YOU DO THE VITAMIN PROFILE?
- As part of your annual checkup
- To rule out anaemia due to Vitamin B12 deficiency
- If you are planning a pregnancy
- The tests are often included as part of the Infertility Profile